Grilling the Perfect Homemade Burgers on my Sahara Gas BBQ. Greetings, fellow grill enthusiasts! Today, I’m taking you on a culinary journey as I fire up my Sahara gas BBQ to create the juiciest, most flavourful homemade burgers you’ve ever tasted. Follow along for the inside scoop on this burger-making extravaganza!
What you Need
- 1.5 lbs ground beef (80% lean, 20% fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Burger buns
- Gouda cheese slices
- Fresh Rocket
- Caramelised onions
- Avocado slices
- Sriracha mayo
- Olive oil for grilling
What To Do
- Preheat the Sahara BBQ. I kicked off by firing up my trusty Sahara gas BBQ to high for around 15 minutes to heat up. Just before I place the burgers on the grill, I will turn it down to medium heat which helps achieving that perfect sear.
- Season and Shape the Patties. In a bowl, I seasoned the ground beef with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. With my burger press, I shaped the mixture into burger patties, ensuring they’re just the right thickness.
- Grill Prep. Before placing the patties on the grates, I brush them lightly with olive oil. It’s the secret to achieving those beautiful grill marks and preventing any sticking.
- Grill the Burgers. The sizzle as the patties hit the hot grates is music to my ears. I grilled them for about 4-5 minutes per side, letting the Sahara BBQ work its magic to create that delectable char.
- Melt Gouda to Perfection. A minute before the patties are done, I crowned each one with a slice of Gouda, watching it melt into a luscious coat of cheesy goodness.
- Bun Toasting Extravaganza. As the patties rest, I threw the burger buns on the grill for a quick toasting. There’s something special about that golden-brown crust that adds a delightful crunch to each bite.
- Layering Awesomeness. Building these burgers is an art. The fresh rocket forms the crisp base, followed by a generous serving of caramelised onions, avocado slices and a drizzle of Sriracha mayo.
- Bring It All Together. Placing the Gouda-crowned patty on the prepared bun, I capped it off with the top half, creating a tower of flavour that’s almost too beautiful to eat.
Happy Grilling! As I savour the first bite, I’m reminded of why I love grilling on my Sahara gas BBQ. It’s not just a cooking method; it’s an experience that transforms simple ingredients into culinary masterpieces. Here’s to many more grilling adventures!