It’s the job of a BBQ side dish to bring a meal together so make sure it’s a good one, saying that it doesn’t have to be overly complicated. There is nothing more frustrating than spending most of your day trying to find a specific ingredient for a recipe to find it’s out of stock in shops and must be ordered in.
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- Shap knife
- Cutting board
- Tongs for grilling
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your grill on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Trim off approximately 1 to 2 inches from the root end of the asparagus, as this side can be a bit fibrous.
- Coat the asparagus liberally with salt & pepper to prevent it from sticking to the grates.
- Turn the grill to medium heat, place the asparagus on the grill and close the lid. Using a tongs, turn every 2 to 3 minutes to cook evenly. If possible, avoid over-charring the skins. Keeping an eye on the asparagus through the glass viewing window will allow you to do this while maintaining the temperature of the BBQ.
- The total cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the asparagus but it will take approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- They can be served as is, but these are wonderful with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. Finally Sprinkle a good coating of your grated parmesan all over the Asparagus. Delish!