- 150g plain flour
- 150g oat flakes
- 175g light brown sugar
- 200g cold butter (cut into small pieces)
For The Filling
- 500g blackberries
- 500g apples (peeled, cored and sliced into chunks – about 5 apples)
- 1 tbls plain flour
- 60g brown sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat your Sahara gas burner to a medium to medium low heat, or about 140 degrees Celsius and prep for indirect heat. If you have a 4-burner gas bbq, ignite the two outside burners, leaving an area in the center of the grill for indirect heat.
- If you have fewer than 4 burners, use only one of the outside burners, leaving an area for indirect heat.
- Place the flour, oat flakes, brown sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub all of the ingredients together until it resembles chunky breadcrumbs.
- In a large bowl, add the Blackberries & Apples with the flour, sugar and lemon juice until combined.
- Transfer to a skillet. Place the crumble mix on top of the filling and spread over the top until everything is evenly covered.
- Cook your apple and blackberry crumble in a Cast Iron Skillet on the indirect heat with the lid closed on indirect heat for 45 minutes, or until the berries are bubbling at the edges and the crisp is a golden brown.
For more recipe ideas along with the Sahara accessories and gas bbq range, scroll through our website www.saharabbqs.com
More tasty gas BBQ recipes
Homemade BBQ Breakfast Burgers
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Asian Style Beef Burgers