Grilled fish is on the menu regularly at our house, especially during the summer months when we’re looking for something light for dinner.
What You Need
- 2 pounds fresh cod fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 tablespoons melted butter
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Fresh lemon slices
- Fresh herbs
For The Rub
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
What To Do
- Preheat the grill to high for 10 minutes.
- Combine butter, lemon juice and parsley well in a bowl. Then leave it to rest while you prepare the fish.
- Pat the cod dry with paper towels, then rub with salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Place cod in your fish basket and place on a hot grill for 4-5 minutes per side, basting occasionally with butter and lemon mixture.
- Remove from grill when the fish begins to flake.
- Serve with any leftover basting liquid, and garnish with lemon slices and herbs.
Grilled cod is simple to prepare, quick to grill and great paired with some grilled veggies or a simple salad.
Adding more fish to your diet is always a smart decision and I was lucky to get my hands on some good fresh fish this week so obviously decided to BBQ it with this delicious recipe using my fish basket.
Like most other fish, cod is a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It is also rich in vitamins B12 and B6, niacin, as well as vitamins E, A, and C.
This Grilled Cod recipe is a simple and healthy fish dish using Cod, but you can use any firm white fish for this recipe! And remember, using our Sahara smoker box along side the fish basket will also give that hint of wood-fired flavour.
So, to sum it up.. a simple but nutritious dinner cooked on the grill outside while enjoying the sunshine!!! I think you’re onto a winner with this one.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think via our Facebook or Instagram.
For more recipe ideas along with the Sahara accessories and gas bbq range, scroll through our website www.saharabbqs.com
More tasty gas BBQ recipes
Homemade BBQ Breakfast Burgers
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Asian Style Beef Burgers