Here is a recipe for Grilled Chicken Burgers that are very easy to make, yet so tender and tasty, and will be loved by everyone! Our grilled chicken burgers are well seasoned with just the perfect balance of flavors. It’s so moist, the juice practically bursts in the mouth.
What You Need
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 ½ cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (chopped)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (good quality)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- Salt & pepper to taste
What To Do
- In a medium to large bowl, add the ground chicken, chives, oregano, minced garlic, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, mayo, salt & pepper. Using your hands, gently mix everything together, taking care to not over handle.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Form burger patties one by one and place them on a sheet of wax paper, or to make it a little easier, use the Sahara burger press. . You should be able to make six average-size burger patties or four larger ones. Using your thumb, create a depression in the centre of each patty so they cook evenly.
- Cook the burger patties until internal temperature is at least 165F. The Sahara digital thermometer will come in handy here. Cooking time really depends on your grill and the thickness of the patties.
We all love a good burger, and this Grilled Chicken Burger does not disappoint at all. Call me crazy but I do actually prefer chicken burgers to beef burgers.
You will only want to flip these burgers once. Put them on the grill and let them cook 4 or 5 minutes and then carefully flip them. Let them cook for another 4 or 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the burgers. It is very important when grilling chicken that you make sure the chicken burgers are cooked completely. Unlike ground beef burgers, you don’t want any pink a chicken burger.
What to serve with homemade chicken burgers:
I love to top my burgers with a good mayonnaise, sliced tomato, smashed avocado, red onion and crunchy lettuce, but the possibilities are endless. These burgers can be as healthy as you like depending on how you top them. Some tried and tested toppings I fully recommend are..
- Fried Egg
- Fried Onions
- Ceasar dressing
Enjoy, and let me know what you think via our Facebook or Instagram.
For more recipe ideas along with the Sahara accessories and gas bbq range, scroll through our website www.saharabbqs.com
More tasty gas BBQ recipes
Homemade BBQ Breakfast Burgers
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Asian Style Beef Burgers