Sooo yesterday this was lunch… Pink, deliciously plump prawns grilled in a glossy garlic and chili glaze on the BBQ – what more could you want? Simply served with fluffy rice or crispy bread as a BBQ seafood treat.
What You Need
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chilli or a tablespoon of dried chilli flakes
- 12 Prawns
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 20 g Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Lime
What To Do
- Preheat your grill to high for at least 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic, the chilli and the parsley
- When you are ready to grill the prawns place the griddle pan on the BBQ
- Heat up the olive oil and gently fry the garlic, stir it so it does not burn
- Add the chilli and stir
- Add the prawns and paprika and stir well
- Stir in the salt and pepper and cook until the prawns are pink throughout. This should take about 6-8 minutes depending on the size of your prawns
- Sprinkle with the parsley and squeeze the lime juice over the prawns
- Enjoy hot with some crusty bread or rice
I make mine in my griddle pan on the Grill and highly recommended it because of the Even heat distribution which means great cooking results.
I tend to use cooked prawns because you can just toss them in the heated oil. If using frozen prawns, make sure to let them thaw completely before use. I love using prawns in recipes because they are so versatile and easy.. but when cooking with prawns, here are a few tips!.
? overcooked prawns are rubbery and hard, rather than juicy and plump. They take 3 minutes max to cook (medium to large);
? A crowded pan can result in stewed prawns rather than seared. You want to sear them for maximum flavour.! So If you are cooking a large amount of prawns cook half the prawns, remove, and then cook the other half.
?Use a very hot temperature to help cook the prawns perfectly and get a nice sear on them
So, Whether you’ve had a busy day or you simply don’t want to do very much to get dinner on the table, all it takes is a few simple ingredients to pull it together. This recipe is heaven in a bowl.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think via our Facebook or Instagram.
For more recipe ideas along with the Sahara accessories and gas bbq range, scroll through our website www.saharabbqs.com
More tasty gas BBQ recipes
Homemade BBQ Breakfast Burgers
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Asian Style Beef Burgers