You are going to love this grilled chili lime chicken! Personally, I think there is zero excuse to ever settle for boring BBQ chicken especially when you can slather them in this flavoursome marinade. It’s just the perfect amount of heat with a side of sweet, and the chicken comes out perfectly every time. The chicken is gloriously seared on the outside and bursting with juices and flavour thanks to the marinade!
What You Need
- 6-8 Chicken breasts
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1/2cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
What To Do
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, honey, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Trim any excess fat or skin from the chicken thighs. Add chicken to the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour but ideally overnight.
- Preheat your BBQ to High for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and allow any excess to drip into the bowl or bag. Discard the marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Always check and make sure the juices run clear.
- Remove from the heat to a clean plate and loosely cover with foil. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
A great tip for grilling chicken and keeping it juicy is flattening the chicken breasts a little beforehand. This means they won’t dry out because that they are not on the heat for too long. If chicken breasts are their full thickness, it can take longer for them to cook through. That means that by the time the thicker part of the chicken is fully cooked, the outside has gone dry. But if your chicken breast is thinner because of flattening them out, then they won’t dry out.
One more perk of flattening the chicken breasts is your marinade will be able to penetrate the chicken quicker which is helpful in situations where you forgot to leave them marinate overnight or decided on a last-minute BBQ with family or friends. So remember, put in the bit of extra time to get perfect juicy results!
Enjoy, and let me know what you think via our Facebook or Instagram.
For more recipe ideas along with the Sahara accessories and gas bbq range, scroll through our website www.saharabbqs.com
More tasty gas BBQ recipes
Homemade BBQ Breakfast Burgers
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Asian Style Beef Burgers