These Chicken Tikka Kebabs covered in a richly spiced yogurt marinade and grilled to perfection on your BBQ are unbelievably tasty.
What You Need
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into chunky pieces
- 75g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
What To Do
- Put all your ingredients into a large bowl with plenty of seasoning and mix well. Then cover and chill overnight (preferably) but if you are stuck for time a few hours would be fine.
- Heat the grill to high. Thread the chicken pieces onto four metal skewers, leaving any excess marinade behind, packing in the pieces so they have a small space between them.
- Turn the Grill to medium heat and grill for 4-5 minutes or until charred, then flip and repeat until cooked through and charred all over.
The weather is cooling down but I’m heating the grill back up. Serve these Chicken Tikka Kebabs simply with rice or Naan bread as a family weekday treat.
Like all recipes, they can be slightly altered to suit your needs or wants and this one is the same. The recipe today only has the chicken on the skewers but feel free to add extra vegetables like wedges of red onion, or mixed peppers. Some other good choices are mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, courgette and even sweet tropical fruits like mango or pineapple would be delicious.
When grilling Chicken, it’s important that the chicken is in contact with your grill all the time. If you have a mix of small and large pieces of chicken, the smaller pieces will end up being suspended above the grill and not in contact with it. Those pieces of chicken can end up being under-cooked.
Try to keep the size of the pieces of chicken even, with a little bit of space between each piece of chicken.
Rule of thumb…. I recommend always checking the chicken is cooked by slicing into a larger piece and ensuring it’s piping hot and no longer pink in the middle. A great tool I always have to hand for peace of mind is a barbecue thermometer.
For more recipe ideas along with the Sahara accessories and gas bbq range, scroll through our website www.saharabbqs.com
More tasty gas BBQ recipes
Homemade BBQ Breakfast Burgers
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Asian Style Beef Burgers