Can you believe the weather? I can’t remember the last time we had such a beautiful November. Yes, it is getting cold, but it’s dry and the sky is bright blue which means we can still enjoy the BBQ.
Here is one of my favourite things to cook on the BBQ , not only because it’s simple but it’s also unbelievably versatile… Baked potatoes are always overlooked, and I can never understand why. Not only are potatoes a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, folate, and vitamins C and B6 along with Fibre, they taste delicious too on the BBQ. They have crispy skin, a salt crust and are so fluffy on the inside. Load them up with any of your favourite toppings or as a side dish. Trust me, they will be a huge hit!
Check out our delicious baked potatoes recipe here!
- 6-8 Baked potatoes. I use Rooster or Golden Wonder potatoes.
- Salt (pepper optional)
- Sour cream, cheddar, chives and crispy bacon.
- Homemade chilli, or the leftover meat from your spaghetti bolognese.
- Pulled pork.
- Rotisserie chicken shredded with sriracha sauce.
- For a high protein topping, you can load up the baked potato with browned off lean beef (90% lean or less) with garlic, chilli and a handful of spinach and sprinkle some jalapenos on the top.
- Preheat your grill on High for around 15 minutes.
- Scrub all the potatoes, and then dry them with some paper towel.
- With a knife cut a large X on one side of the potatoes.
- Now brush the potatoes with oil and season with Sea Salt.
- Wrap each potato individually with 2 layers of foil.
- Turn the heat on the grill to medium and place the potatoes directly on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 45-55 minutes turning halfway through, or until you can easily pierce the centre of a potato with a knife or a fork.
- Using kitchen tongs, remove the hot potatoes from the grill and allow them to cool down.
- Add a piece of butter and lightly fluff with a fork, then serve with your favourite toppings!