Approx. 1.5Kg Chicken Prepped for Roasting
For the rub:
- Zest of 4 lemons (keep one cut in half for putting inside chicken)
- Large bunch of thyme (keep a couple of sprigs for putting inside the chicken and chop the leaves off rest for the rub)
- 6 cloves of garlic (4 smashed up for putting inside the chicken)
- Large splash of olive oil (just enough to make a rub)
- Pinch of salt & black pepper
Stuff the cavity of the chicken with 4 smashed cloves of garlic, a couple of sprigs of thyme & 1 Lemon cut in half.
Blitz the rest of the ingredients together and rub all over the outside of the chicken.
Wrap this up and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours, if you can.
Heat the BBQ to medium/high heat.
Place the chicken onto the Sahara rotisserie in the centre of the BBQ. Lower the heat to approx. 70 Celcius and leave for approx. 2 Hours, checking regularly and adjusting the burners under the chicken to insure the skin does not burn. Exact time depends on the weight of the chicken. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with a large caesar salad and skewered baby potatoes.
For more recipe ideas along with the Sahara accessories and gas bbq range, scroll through our website www.saharabbqs.com
More tasty BBQ recipes
Homemade BBQ Breakfast Burgers
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Asian Style Beef Burgers